Benefits for the Casa Madre de Tupãrenda participants:
Trades we teach:
CASA MADRE DE TUPÃRENDA
Casa Madre de Tupãrenda is a socio-educational project of social reintegration and personal development, managed by Fundaprova and largely financed by the Ministry of Justice. It is aimed at youth and teens who were interned at secure detention or semi-open educational centers falling under the auspices of the Ministry of Justice.
- Each participant begins his personalized program upon admission to CMT.
- It is a day program, operating from Monday to Friday, with a pre-determined schedule that includes breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack.
- It does not include accommodation because we want to cultivate family and social ties in order to ensure a far more effective social reintegration..
- Includes academic, legal, medical, psychological, and addiction control accompaniment.
- The formative routine includes social and working skills.
- Each participant receives a monthly bursary, which can only be withdrawn in full by complying with the goals, assistance and timetables.
- The participants are prepared for and integrated into the world of work by completing the program and follow up accompaniment..
This trade requires the preparation of dough and other confectionery products, as well as fermenting and baking dough according to hygiene and health standards.
They are also able to carry out basic operational tasks of adding ingredients to the machine, recognizing and testing the consistency of the body and texture of the dough, removing air bubbles and placing them onto floured baking tins and/or trays, fermenting and baking dough..
This trade requires knowledge of the different kinds of vegetables, soil types and preparation, the preparation of plots, knowledge and application of organic and inorganic fertilizers, the various cultivation types and techniques, sowing techniques and seasons, pest control, and more.
They are also able to carry out basic soil and plot preparation, sowing, harvesting, care, and storage of produce.
This trade requires basic knowledge of sewing, how to make bobbins, thread needles, select the stitch type, as well as the steps needed to sew hems, cuffs, button holes, alterations, among others.
It also requires developing straight stitch, and overlock sewing machine techniques.